Section A: Multiple Choice Question (MCQS)
- Attempt all the questions from this section in the
- MCQS paper is to be returned to the invigilator
after 20 minutes.
- Do not copy down the part question in your answer
book. Write only the answer in full against the proper
number of the question and its part.
- The code of your question paper must be mentioned
in bold letters in the beginning.
Choose the correct answer for each from the
1- The count of Monte Cristo disgraced the
family of the count of Morcef by.
a. Published news in the books
b. Publishing news in the papers
c. Issuing a challenge
d. Killing his enemy
2- “progress” was written by:
a. St. john G. Ervine
b. J.H Walsh
c. Alexander Dumas
d. Prof.Henry Corrie
3- The duel was to be fought at:
a. Chamos Elyesses
b. Rue du helder
c. Bois de Vincennes
4- fourteen years is a large slice from a man’s
Above dialogue was spoken by:
a. The count of Mountie Cristo
c. The count of Morcerf
5- I donot suppose it would make her feel any
worse than she is now.
Above dialogue was spoken by:
a. Prof. Henry Corrie
d. Tom Meldon
6- The central and principal organ of the U.N
a. The security Council
b. The General Assembly
c. The General Committee.
d. The Security Assembly
7- The scientist is more interested in doing
scientific work than:
a. In defining it
b. In doing Experiment
c. In influencing it
d. In collecting it
8- Brikenhead Drill was written by:
a. The commander of the troops.
b. The young inexperienced soldiers.
c. The women and children who were rescued.
d. The one officers troops who was rescued.
9- The author of the lesson Pakistan Zindabad
a. John wolton
b. D.Y morgan
c. Stephen leacock
d. Mohammad Ali Jinnah
10- The Hostile witness written by D.Y Morgan
a. A legendry play
b. A detective play
c. A humorous play
d. A suspicious play
11- Science adds enormously to the comfort
and interest of:
a. Social living
b. Future living
c. Modern living
d. Natural living
12- Stephen Leacock wanted to draw out six
dollar of it for:
a. Personal use
b. Present use
c. Future use
d. Domestic use
13- Fraulein Schmidt was another name of.
c. Banker’s wife
d. Conrad’s mother
14- Sir henry wottons man is freed from.
a. Servile bands
b. Slavish bands
c. Ruling bands
d. Devilish bands
15- Lucys parents searched her all that night
on the moon.
a. Here and there
b. Near and far
c. Far and wide
d. In and out
16- After punishing his son Coventry patmore:
a. Went to sleep calmly
b. Spoke harish woods
c. Got even more annoyed
d. Felt sorry for his son
17- the abbot of Canterbury is typical old:
18- After my friend (go) to bed. (right words
to make the correct sentence)
a. Had gone, went
b. Was going, went
c. Go, went
d. Has gone, went
19- The opposite of deep is
20- Has it been drizzling since night.(can
be punctuated as)
a. Has it been drilling since night.
b. has it been drizzling since night?
c. has it been drizzling since night!
d. has it been drizzling since night?
Section B: (Short Answers Questions)
- What are the qualities of a happy man are as described
in the poem"the character of happy life"
- When and where was Pakistan Resolution passed? When
and why was UNO formed?
- What was the past story of Mounte Cristo? Why did
the Countess of Morcef go to meet the Count of Mounte
- was the outcome of her visit? Why was the Mounte
Cristo awarded the imprisonment in an underground
dungeon? Who brought the disgrace to Morcef's family
- What was the character of Prof. Corrie? How does
Prof. Henry Corrie condemn and criticize women folk
and why? Why does Prof.Corries call his formula humanitarian
- Why was Mrs. Meldon against from his brother's invention?
What is an organized butchery of boys in the eyes
of Mrs. Meldon? Why did she kill her brother and was
she justifies her killing?
- How differently Prof. Corrie and her sister think
- According to the author, what is the effect on him
on entering a bank to do business? What was the experience
of Stephen Leacock while he was opening his bank account?
Why author was bank phobic? What was the manager's
reaction when the author told him that he would like
to see him alone?
- What happened to troopship Birkenhead Drill on 25th
February 1851 how did it come to be wrecked? Was any
member of her crew to blame? How people were saved?
How This story shows the heroism discipline of sacrifice?
- What was the legend of Cernogratz family?Why were
the Baron and Baroness angry with Amalie? How Wolves
of Cernogratz story a mysterious story?
- Give the Philosophy of (Incident Of French Camp)
- What were the charges leveled against the Abbot
of Centerbury by King John? What were the three questions
asked by the King Abbot in the poem Abbot of Centerbury?
- Differentiate between a scientific and an unscientific
work in the light of the lesson (science and scientist)
- What happened with Lucy in the poem (Lucy Gray)
Why do people think that Lucy is a living child?
- How in (the toys) poet explained the idea that God
would forgive human beings just like an affectionate
- What does the writer apply the world terrible to
the first year of Pakistan's history as an independence
state? What qualities of Quaid-e-Azam is mentioned
in Pakistan Zindabad?
Section C: (Detailed Answer Questions)
- Letter to the Editor about reckless driving/ traffic
jam in Karachi?
- Letter to the Editor about in sanitary condition
- Letter to the editor about frequent breakdown of
- Letter to your father/ brother to inform him about
- Positive and Negative effects of Media
- Karachi Problems
- Blessings Of Science
- My ambition in Life
- Duties of Students
- Islam as a religion of Peace
- Importance of Newspaper or Importance of reading
Important Character Sketch:
Note: It is advisable to the students
to learn character sketch of any one play. Either(Progress)
or (The Counts Revenge) More advisable to learn progress
characters ( Prof. Henry Corrie, Mrs. Meldon)