Section A: (MCQs - Multiple Choice Questions)
Q.1. Choose the correct answer from the given
1. "If you choose to get drunk and break the
law afterwards you must take the consequences".
This sentence occurs in the lesson ______
- Twenty Minutes with Mrs. Oekentubb
- The Day the Dam Broke
- The Devoted Friend
- The Writer
2. With in a few months of the creation of Pakistan
______ homeless refugees cam to Pakistan to seek shelter
- 5 million
- 10 million
- 7 million
- Act II of the silver box
3. "The man of life upright", has been composed
- John milton
- John keats
- Thomas Compion
- Alexander Pope
4. Prince Rupert calls Ressendyll an importer what
does importer mean ______
- A lair
- An honest man
- A person who pretends to be some one else
- An honourable person
5. "Modern cosmopolitonism is based upon science
and machine". is started by ______
- Oscar wilde
- Bertrand Russell
- Gals Worthy
- Albert Einstein
6. "The seven ages of men" is taken from
shakes pears play ______
- The tempest
- As you like it
7. Accorder to Bert and Russell, Asia contains at
least ______ very distinet evilications.
8. Tomorrow is a holiday "The Teacher said. In
indirect speech it can be written as
- The next day was a holiday
- The next day would be a holiday
- The next day is a holiday
- The next day can be be a holiday
9. The Man in the waiting room recognize Mrs. Oakentubb
because of ______
- The label on the suitcase
- She introduces herself of him
- He recognize her
- The porter mentions about her
10. The Philistines were quite ______ of samson's
11. A very important personality invites madam De
Mauban to attend the coronation ceremony. It is ______
- Colonel Sept
- Rudolf Elphberg
- Duke of Strelan
12. European's with unpardonable insulavity call the
period of after the fall of roman empire as
- The Renaissencee
- De clarkages
- The victorian age
- The elizabeth age
13. "Say not the Struggle" is written by
- William Blake
- John Keats
- John Milton
- Arthur Hugh Clough
14. Who is the leader of Michells six
- Prince Rupert
- De Gaylet
15. "The Science occurs 90 the lesson ______
- Twenty Minutes with Mrs. Oakentubb
- The day the Dam Broke
- The Devoted Friend
- Act III of the Silver Box
Section B: (Short Answer Questions)
Answer any 10 questions from this Section.
All questions carry equal marks.
- Why is Black Michael not regarded as a suitable
person to be the king of Rurutania?
- What force does Einstein blame for the persistent
- "Heavier does not always make the right men
king". Whose comment is this and what does it
- I went into town and said to police man. "Will
you tell me the way to Dolran may", the smiled
- Why does the author make the poeter a humorous character.?
- What is the upright man's view about worldly life?
What are the characteristics of an uprigh man?
- What were the reasons given by Liaquat Ali Khan
for the Muslim's desire not to continue living in
- What lesson do we learn from the lesson The Devoted
- Why do the europeans learn the centuries after
the tau of the roman empires as "The Buck Ages"?
- Fate and fortune are important in human life. Comment
on this statement with fever to the essay on man?
- Mrs. Oakentubb got the punishment she deserved.
- What examples does shelley give in the poem to prove
that beauty is eternal?
- Which of the two female characters. in The Prisnor
Of Zenda, do you like most and why?
- What justice done to jones in the "Silver
- The old ulysses symbolizes the "human spirit
at its strongest". Comment briefly?
- What lesson do no learn from "Say not the Struggle"?
Section C: (Detailed Answers Questions)
Q.3. Write down the character sketch of
- Duke Michel
- Colonel Sapt
- Lady the Mauban
Write one essay from the following choices
- Problems of Karachi City
- Science in the Modern World
- Energy Crises
- Duty of a student / Students and politics
- Importance of Discipline
Q.4. Read the given passage and answers the questions
When we are hopeful, we are in a mental state in which
we expect good result of certain happenings and situations
and feel happy about them. So optimism is a way of thinking
which makes us look at the bright side of different
situations one makes us expect the best possible results.
When we optimistic, we are cheerful, happy and hopeful
and when we are in this condition, we can drink, plan
and work to the best our capacity. "Hope"
according to William MC dougall is one of the greatest
forces that operate in the mind something that enters
into the structure of character it helps us in facing
troubles and misfortunes and makes the future look brighter
1. How does optimism change our mental state?
2. How can we make use of the best of our capacity?
3. What does William MC dougall say about hope?
4. Explain the under clined phrases.
- Give a suitable title to the above passage.